Join Our Team
Tacoma Soap Refillery is an innovative retail business focused on helping our community reduce waste and live more sustainably by providing bulk goods and reusable products. We provide these products through our door delivery service, pick up locations and in our shop. In store, customers are encouraged to bring their own containers to refill with home care products, personal care products and bulk dry goods. Our delivery and pickup products are provided in reusable glass containers that we wash and reuse over and over.
We are committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive and safe environment for our customers as well as staff. Our goal is also to create a learning environment free of judgement where our community can come to be inspired to make the sustainable lifestyle choices that work for them.
We are looking to add a member to our team who will work directly with customers, providing a top notch experience while contributing to the growth and development of our business.
Customer Experience Associate
The Customer Experience Associate will not only service customers in person in our shop, but will have various points of interaction each day. This includes helping customers in our shop, packing orders, messaging them via text or email, and potentially delivering orders to their door. The cornerstone of this position is to create a wonderful and educational customer experience. This will be achieved by educating customers on our products, packing orders with attention to detail, reaching out to them when necessary and going the extra mile to be proactive and provide information whenever possible.
Are you the right person for this position?
Are you interested in sustainability and love the idea of learning more while also educating others?
Do you feel rewarded by creating a world class experience for customers?
Are you a self directed leader with great attention to detail?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Educate customers on our products and help them make decisions based on their needs
- Pack pickup orders and communicate with customers on any order changes plus communicate pickup instructions
- Pack delivery orders and keep our packing/shipping area tidy, manage jar returns and keep cleaned jars stocked
- Always being mindful about creating waste and sustainability in the shop and when packing orders
- Keep products in the shop stocked and the shop tidy and clean.
- Contribute to company social media
There is also a lot of potential for growth and taking on more responsibilities as the company grows.Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent
- Previous retail or customer service experience is essential for this role
- Punctual and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
- Driver's license and good driving record a plus, but not necessarily critical
Job Type is Part time / This position is available immediately and will start out at about 15 hours per week with the potential to increase to 20-25 per week.
Days Required / Initially we need someone who is able to work Mondays and Saturdays and potentially one other (flexible) day. There is the potential for this requirement to change as we grow our team and expand our shop hours, so having some flexibility is a plus.
Starting pay is $16/hour
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com and include:
Your resume plus a cover letter that includes answers to the following:
- How do you apply sustainable principles in your daily life?
- Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?
- What you would like to learn from this position?
- Anything else you would like to tell us about yourself
We look forward to hearing from you!